Papa’s Pantry relies heavily upon the important work done by the best corps of volunteers in North Georgia!
If you would like more information on volunteering please fill out the Volunteer Contact Form.
We are currently open Monday – Friday, with client appointment days Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Operational Volunteer Positions listed are alphabetical:
- Answer Phones, take messages
- Greet front door visitors: clients and those bringing in donations
- May include using copier to reproduce training materials, newsletters, must be able to lift 15 pounds.
Christian Community News Magazine
- Layout and Format – Microsoft Publisher/InDesign
- Freelance articles pertinent to Christian Lifestyles
Event Planner | Fund Raising
- Good at organizing events, details and timelines
- Likes to network within the community – not afraid to ask for community sponsorships
- Fundraiser: May, August, October
- Non-fundraiser: November
- 3 – 4 hours, at least 1 day/weekweekly commitment
- Work directly with families receiving assistance
- Discerning, directing, and following up with needed assistance needs
- Good foundation of Christian faith & principles
- Comfortable with praying with others
Pantry Attendant / Warehouse Attendant
- Assist clients as they choose groceries in the Client Pantry
- Restock Shelves as necessary from warehouse
- Stock warehouse shelves following current systems and processes
Plan a Food Drive
– No office schedule required
- Work directly with schools, churches, scouts, etc in coordinating food drives
- Details include scheduling, flyers, possible pick ups
Planning a Food Drive Contact Us by Admin@papaspantry.org or Click Here
- GED; Budgeting; Kids Events; Computer training; nutrition; healthy lifestyles; couponing, Grant Writer